ICN has established several networks in order to facilitate communication around common professional interests.
These networks go beyond organisational, professional, disciplinary and national boundaries.
Aims and Objectives
The KEY GOAL of the Network is to become an international resource for nurses practising in Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Advanced Practice Nursing Roles (APN) roles, and interested others (e.g. policymakers, educators, regulators, health planners) by:
- Making relevant and timely information about practice, education, role development, research, policy and regulatory developments, and appropriate events widely available;
- Providing a forum for sharing and exchange of knowledge expertise and experience; Supporting nurses and countries who are in the process of introducing or developing NP or ANP roles and practice;
- Accessing international resources that are pertinent to this field.
What DoesThe Network Do?
The network is an evolving and continually updated forum that :
- Identifies issues early and monitors how they develop.
- Follows trends.
- Offers special expertise through creating a resource pool from network members.
- Disseminates ICN's and others' work in the field.
- Organises meetings and conferences.
Download: December 2018 NP/APN Bulletin
Become a member of the NP/APN Network
- Student Network
Julián Vadell Martínez, former President of the European Student Nurse Association, and Christian Strømnes President of the Norwegian Nurses Student Association, are working with ICN to increase the voice and influence of student and novice nurses within the work of ICN. Any student leaders who would like to connect with Julian and Christian, should email email@example.com