ICN Congress 2021
- 02 November - 4 November 2021
In response to COVID-19 public health issues and travel restrictions, we will no longer hold a physical ICN Congress in June 2021. Instead we will bring together our National Nurses Associations and their members in an innovative virtual congress format later in the year.
Using the theme ‘Nursing Around the World’, we will pass the nursing baton across the different regions in a series of live and interactive events that will give our members the opportunity to showcase their expertise and innovations throughout the world.
More information on the official Congress website here
Virtual registration benefits:
- Full access to all official Congress sessions
- Full access to e-posters, partner and industry symposia, etc
- Full access to online chat and other virtual networking areas
- Automatic allocation of continuing education credits (ICNECs)
- Full access to sessions after the event for a period of 6 months
Find out more here
ICN received 4,976 abstracts from 105 different countries by the extended March 15 deadline, with a 50-50 split between pre-recorded concurrent sessions and electronic poster presentations.
Our panel of experts is still reviewing the submissions and applicants will be notified of their decisions in May. Successful applicants must register for their place at Congress by June 9.
Find out more here
The Congress programme will be packed full of the latest research, trends and priorities in nursing and will look ahead to the future of healthcare and a post-COVID-19 world. Multidisciplinary plenary sessions and symposiums will cater to an international audience and bring together nurses from all regions.
We will soon be announcing more inspiring speakers to join nursing and healthcare advocate Her Royal Highness Princess Muna al-Hussein of Jordan, and former New Zealand Premier Helen Clark, who have already been confirmed.
Themes that will be prominent throughout the Congress include:
- COVID-19 – The global response: This theme will examine the factors that contributed to this crisis and the global response to it.
- Mental Health and COVID-19: Caring for the community. The pandemic has disrupted or halted critical mental health services in 93% of countries worldwide. This theme focuses on the work of nurses in protecting, promoting and managing mental health.
- Harnessing the power of technology to transform healthcare: This theme looks at the importance of technological innovations in nursing education and practice.
- Solving the global nursing workforce crisis. With a global nursing shortage of six million nurses and another four million intending to retire by 2030, this theme will focus on actions needed to address the worldwide nursing shortage.
- COVID-19: Disruptive impacts and transformative opportunities in nursing education. This theme focuses on the disruption to education and the potential to capitalise on the opportunities posed from the crisis.
Over the three days, the theme of nursing around the World will be actively demonstrated through regional sessions that will cover the six ICN regions across the world. They will provide an insight into the regions’ nurses’ responses during the pandemic, the challenges they face daily and the future of nursing. The voices of frontline nurses, patients and high-profile personalities from within the region will bring a unique insight into the nursing profession during a global crisis. In addition, Partner Symposia will be led by renowned experts who will share their insights into latest nursing practice, research, education and professional issues, and exploring cutting edge nursing and health topics from a global perspective.
Find the programme overview here
Here you will find the sponsorship packages currently available. Please bear in mind that every package can be customised according to your needs and that we are working on more sponsorship items.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity!
ESOS (EXHIBITION AND SPONSORSHIP ORDERING SYSTEM)®
If you would like to book your sponsorship packages and items on-line, register your company here
Contact us here if you have any questions or issues
Contact us here for more information on the Congress