Operated by nurses and leading nursing internationally, ICN works to ensure quality nursing care for all and sound health policies globally.
Nurses: A Force for Change: Care Effective, Cost Effective - click here for ICN's International Nurses Day 2015 kit !
On 27 January, ICN president, Dr Judith Shamian, attended the International Symposium of Leprosy hosted by the Nippon Foundation in Tokyo, Japan where the 2015 Global Appeal to End Stigma and Discrimination Against People Affected by Leprosy was launched. The Global Appeal, which can be accessed here, aims to strengthen the understanding of leprosy and encourage participation in efforts to eliminate stigma and discrimination of the disease by the more than 16 million nurses worldwide, who work closely with people affected by leprosy.
- Press Release : Growing support for shared ethical principles from healthcare and medicines providers. Read more...
Ebola is not the end of the world – Rebecca Johnson, a nurse from Sierra Leone, gave a speech at the WHO Executive Board Special Session on Ebola, sending the message “Even though there is no certain cure for Ebola, early treatment is your best chance at survival.” Read her full speech here.
- Press Release: Growing support for shared ethical principles from healthcare and medicines providers. Read more...
- On 26 January, an event will be held in Geneva, Switzerland to celebrate the first anniversary of the Consensus Framework for Ethical Collaboration between patients’ organisations, healthcare professionals and the pharmaceutical industry. Read more…
ICN staff will attend the WHO Executive Board's 136th session in Geneva from 26 January–3 February 2015. The meeting will agree the agenda for the May 2015 World Health Assembly and adopt resolutions to be forwarded to the Assembly. Board Members will discuss priority issues in the areas of communicable and noncommunicable diseases; promoting health through the life course; preparedness, surveillance and response; and health systems as well as matters relating to programme, budget, management and governance, and WHO reform. A special session on Sunday 25 January will focus on the response to Ebola in West Africa.
- Press release: ICN-Burdett Global Nursing Leadership Institute 2015 open for applications. Read more...
- For all ICN news and resources on Ebola, click here.
- For job postings at the World Health Organization, please click here.
- Registration to the ICN Conference 2015 is now open. To register, please go to www.icn2015.ch/en/registration