International Nurses Day
International Nurses Day is celebrated around the world every May 12, the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth. ICN commemorates this important day each year with the production and distribution of the International Nurses' Day (IND) resources and evidence.
The theme for the 2021 resource is Nurses: A Voice to Lead - A vision for future healthcare. In 2021, we seek to show how nursing will look into the future as well how the profession will transform the next stage of healthcare.
IND 2021 Resources
As part of our 100-day countdown to International Nurses Day (IND) on 12 May, we will be releasing a variety of key resources which will support our IND report on “Nurses: A Voice to Lead – A Vision for Future Healthcare”.
- COVID-19 INFECTIONS & DEATHS AMONG NURSES AND OTHER HEALTHCARE WORKERS
- STRESS & BURNOUT IN THE NURSING PROFESSION
- NURSE SHORTAGE AND RETENTION
IND 2021 Photo contest
Thank you all for your photos!
The winners have been selected and you can find the results here!
IND 2021 Case studies
Thank you for those who submitted case studies for the 2021 IND report, Nurses: A Voice to Lead – a Vision for Future Healthcare. Submission is now closed. However, you still have the opportunity to submit a case study to be considered for our 2021 weekly IND case studies! See here for examples from IND 2020. If you would like to submit your story of working during COVID-19 or showcase your nursing innovations, please click here for the guidelines and template and send your case study and hi-res photos to: [email protected]
- 2020 - Nurses: A voice to lead - Nursing the World to Health
- 2019 - Nurses: A voice to lead - Health for All
- 2018 - Nurses: A voice to lead - Health is a Human Right
- 2017 - Nurses: A voice to lead - Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
Send us the translation of the logo in your language here