International Nurses Day
International Nurses Day is celebrated around the world every May 12, the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth. ICN commemorates this important day each year with the production and distribution of the International Nurses' Day (IND) resources and evidence.
ERRATUM for printed copies of IND 2019: Please note that the statistic in figure 24, page 50, concerning the number of RNs killed each year in Canada and the USA while on duty should be corrected to 17 not – as stated – 17%. We apologise sincerely for this error.
- 2018 - Nurses: A voice to lead - Health is a Human Right
- 2017 - Nurses: A voice to lead - Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
*For past IND resources, email us.
Send us the translation of the logo in your language here
Download the 2019 posters:
- Poster 1 - Health for All: english, french, spanish
- Poster 2 - Health for All: english, french, spanish
- Poster 3 - Health for All: english, french, spanish
Watch our IND series: