Founded in 1899, ICN is the widest reaching health care organisation in the world. As a federation of national nurses’ associations (NNA’s), ICN is a not for profit, nongovernmental organisation representing millions of nurses in more than 130 countries. Operated by nurses for nurses, the organisation works to ensure quality nursing care for all; sound health policies globally; the advancement of nursing knowledge; the presence worldwide of a respected nursing profession; and a competent and satisfied nursing workforce.
Trainee- Administrative Assistant, Business Development & Fundraising.
ICN is looking for an Administrative Assistant to assist the Business Development & Fundraising department (BD&F) with administrative tasks.
The person will be reporting to the Director, Business Development & Fundraising, This is a three months contract, 100%, the start date being as soon as possible.
Responsible for coordinating the work of the Business & Development & Fundraising by providing secretarial services, recording and maintaining communications, exercising discretion and confidentiality.
- answering telephone calls
- maintaining diaries
- arranging appointments
- taking messages
- typing/word processing
- organising meetings
- using a variety of software packages
- booking transport and accommodation
- managing databases
- implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
- liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- preparing letters, presentations and reports
- support with event and conference supervision
The candidate’s profile –
- Excellent English and Spanish – French (optional)
- Excellent writing skills a must
- Perfect control of the Microsoft suite
- Background of high-level PA a must
- Time Management and Organizational skills
- Adaptability and Stress Management
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work under pressure
The candidate is expected to be self-motivated, be able to work independently, in a team, and with people of various cultural backgrounds and be able to work to deadlines and produce quality outputs within tight time frames.
Other attributes include the ability to bring analytical, critical and creative thinking to the work; flexibility and openness to new ideas and ways to achieve goals; the ability to use computer and telecommunication technology for work purposes; and effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
Closing Date for Applications
International Council of Nurses
Human Resources and Corporate Services Department
Nadia de Carlo or Anna Brodén
3, place Jean-Marteau
Download the full job description here