Trainee- Event Assistant, Business Development & Fundraising
Internship period: 6-months, start date asap, 80-100%
Languages: English a MUST, Spanish highly appreciated, Nice-to-Have (French optional)
Introduction:The Intern will be based at the ICN Headquarters in Geneva and report to the Director of Business Development and Fundraising. The intern will be working in the events team supporting ICN’s 2017 Congress as well as other events taking place in 2017.
Academic knowledge: Currently studying or recently graduated in one of the following fields: events or hospitality management, public health, social sciences, international relations, business management or a similar or related field.
Experience & background: Experience or interest in event organization, particularly on logistical aspects, participant relations, sponsor research, database management as well as other functions related to the preparations of events.
- Support organisation and logistics for congress and other events
- Manage flight, hotel bookings internally and externally as needed
- Serve as focal point for registration and general information about ICN events both by phone and by email
- Keep roster of participants to ICN events and update as needed with additional information (travel details, diets, etc.)
- Research and produce materials for events such as registration badges, certificates, tent cards, gifts, …
- Provide administrative support to the team as needed (meeting minutes, etc.)
2. Communications, market research
- Regularly review website information about ICN events and ensure they remain updated
- Create list and map of worldwide nursing events and collect key data (number of participants, frequency, rotation, topics, etc.)
3. Contact database
- Develop and update individual and corporate databases
- Research and identify new potential partners
The above list of tasks and responsibilities is exhaustive and subject to changes, improvements and evolution based on priorities, business and individual competencies