International Nurses Day is celebrated around the world every May 12, the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth. You can find information about Florence Nightingale on the Florence Nightingale International Foundation (FNIF) web site and the Girl Child Education Fund.
The International Council of Nurses commemorates this important day each year with the production and distribution of the International Nurses' Day (IND) Kit.
- 2013 - Closing the Gap: Millennium Development Goals. 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
- 2012 - Closing the Gap: From Evidence to Action
- 2011 - Closing the Gap: Increasing Access and Equity
- 2010 - Delivering Quality, Serving Communities: Nurses Leading Chronic Care
- 2009 - Delivering Quality, Serving Communities: Nurses Leading Care Innovations
- 2008 - Delivering Quality, Serving Communities Nurses Leading Primary Health Care
- 2007 - Positive practice environments: Quality workplaces = quality patient care
- 2006 - Safe staffing saves lives
- 2005 - Counterfeits Kills
- 2004 - Working with the poor; Against poverty
- 2003 - Nurses Fighting AIDS Stigma : Caring for all
- 2002 - Nurses always there for you: Caring for families