A practical Toolkit for those involved in TB worldwide
Entitled “Risk Reduction and Inter-Professional Collaboration for TB Infection Control”, this toolkit comes at a time where increasing numbers of health care workers are falling victim to this preventable and curable disease.
The toolkit came to life as a result of the joint ICN / International Hospital Federation (IHF) / World Medical Association (WMA) / International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) training workshops for health professionals on infection control in South Africa, Brazil and Benin. These workshops are part of the ICN/Lilly MDR-TB Partnership which recognised that there is a lack of suitable materials addressing interprofessional collaboration in TB.
Developed by Uta Grosse and Salvatore Cognetti of King’s College London, along with Gini Williams from the International Council of Nurses, the toolkit is divided into two parts and invites the reader to reflect on TB risk management and roles and responsibilities of all key players in TB management at hospital, community and national levels.
It includes group exercises, planning tools and quick reference guides which can easily be photocopied and distributed to encourage interprofessional teams to work on improving the local situation.
The toolkit is now available in six different languages for your convenience :
- English Risk Reduction and Inter-Professional Collaboration for TB Infection Control
- French Réduction des risques et Collaboration interprofessionnelle pour le contrôle de la tuberculose
- Spanish Reducción del riesgo y colaboración interprofesional para el control de la infección de la tuberculosis
- Portuguese Redução do risco e colaboração inter-profissional para o controlo da infecção por TB
- Chinese 结核感染控制的专业间协作 与减低风险
- Russian Снижение риска заражения и межпрофессиональное сотрудничество в сфере противотуберкулезного