Wellness Tree Photo Contest: A Focus on Nursing and Health Promotion
Contest Theme and Overview
The contest entitled “Focus on Nurses and Health Promotion” was launched to collect and share photographs best representing culturally valid images of healthy behaviour and how nurses and nursing are actively promoting healthy lifestyles to turn back the tide of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) globally.
Contest participants are asked to submit photographs depicting, from a nurse’s perspective, what constitutes healthy behaviours and examples of cultivating lifelong health in their respective countries/cultures.
Photographs can include:
- Examples of nursing outreach campaigns for healthy living in your community/region
- Examples of nurses promoting healthy living through nursing interventions, tools and activities
- Examples of healthy nutrition in your country
- Examples of easily accessible physical activity in your country
- Examples of people taking the right steps toward healthy living
Who can participate?
Given the contest’s focus on showcasing the role of nursing in the prevention of NCDs, participation is limited to nurses and nursing students from around the world. To be eligible participants must:
- Be a registered nurse or nursing student
- Be at least 18 years of age
Submission information and terms and conditions of participation
- Photographs must be submitted by participants meeting the criteria for eligibility listed above and be relevant to the contest theme.
The submission deadline is midnight Central European Time (CET) on Saturday 6 April 2013
- A maximum of 2 photographs are permitted for submission by each participant and they must be included within a single entry submission.
- Photographs must be provided digitally in .jpeg format and be no larger than 2MB (photographs are uploaded through the online submission form.
- Photograph captions can be submitted in English, Spanish or French only.
- To permit usage of submitted photographs by the Wellness Tree Project the submission must include:
1. a completed copyright release form which attests that the submitted photographs are the sole work of the submitter.
2. a completed photo release form for any person portrayed in the photograph. This ensures that any person in the photograph has approved and granted the use of their likeness.
- Participants that submit photographic work deemed to contain pornographic, illegal or discriminatory content in any way will be disqualified and organisers will notify the relevant authorities.
- The contest organisers reserve the right to use the winning and semi-finalist photographs for publicity and promotional purposes for the Wellness Tree Project. Winning and semi-finalist photographs will appear on Wellness Tree website and might appear in future Wellness Tree publications and collateral materials.
- The photo contest organisers will not respond to any liability demands from any party whatsoever in connection to the photographs that have been entered into this contest.
- Top 10 photographs (semi-finalists): winners will receive a Florence Nightingale bear and a donation will be made to Girl Child Education Fund (GCEF) in their name. The photos will be featured on www.growyourwellness.com
- Top 3 photographs (finalists): winners will have a 50% reduction on the fee for the 25th Quadrennial ICN Congress in Melbourne and have their winning photographs exhibited at the Wellness Booth at the Congress exhibition.
Submissions must be received by midnight (CET) on Saturday 6 April 2013 to be considered for the contest.
Summary of Forms for Submission: