The goals of the Nursing Mobile Library are to:
- Close the gap between the need and the availability of health and medical information for nurses.
- Deliver valid and up-to-date healthcare information to nurses working in areas with poor access to information materials.
- Supplement training needs of nurses where required.
- Provide an effective tool to promote health and prevent ill health in under-served regions.
- Foster and sustain life-long learning for nursing professionals stationed away from educational resource centres.