Learning activities take place during workshops, between workshops, and during planning and implementation of team projects. They are an important component of the overall programme and are used to:
- Help participants link workshop content to their own work and professional situations.
- Help integrate the different components of the programme.
- Provide opportunities for action learning, practice and skills development.
- Help sustain the development of leadership attributes and behaviours.
- Involve or inform colleagues and stakeholders about the programme and the team project.
- Help “market” the value and potential contribution of nursing to the health service.