With the contemporary theme, Redesigning Health Systems, the fifth ICN-Burdett Global Nursing Leadership Institute will take place from 7-13 September in Geneva. Twenty-seven nursing leaders from 24 countries have been selected to take part in this year’s event. Speakers will include:
- Maureen McTeer(Co-chair of the Canadian National Expert Commission);
- Fariba Al Dharazi (Regional Advisor for Nursing and Midwifery for EMRO-WHO);
- Helen S Rycraft (Head of Profession Human Factors and Organisational Learning at Magnox Ltd.);
- Sheila Tlou (Director of the UNAIDS Regional Support Team for East and Southern Africa);
- Professor Ginka Toegel (teacher, facilitator and researcher at the International Institute for Management Development);
- Jessie Schutt-Aine, UN Accountability Initiative for the Global Strategy for Women's and Children's Health
- Judith Shamian (ICN President); and
- Tesfa Ghebrehiwet (former ICN nursing consultant on Nursing and Health Policy).
The GNLI offers an advanced leadership programme for nurses and/or midwives at senior level and executive positions in developed and developing countries across the world. The programme, drawing on the expertise of international faculty, allows participants to review and enhance their national and global leadership knowledge and skills within a collaborative and stimulating learning culture. The GNLI is facilitated by Dr Stephanie Ferguson, who is also Director of the ICN Leadership for Change™ programme. Support for the GNLI is also provided by Pfizer, the founding sponsor.
|< Prev||Next >|