Operated by nurses and leading nursing internationally, ICN works to ensure quality nursing care for all and sound health policies globally
- Press release: World Tuberculosis Day: Unite to End TB. Read here...
The second volume of the Springer APN series, Strategic Planning for Advanced Nursing Practice, is now available at a 25% discount for ICN members. Please go to members’ area for more information.
March 22 is World Water Day:
This year the theme is wastewater, raising awareness on the dangers of discharging untreated used water into our soils and rivers, potentially disseminating pathogens and causing a serious threat to our health. It is of the utmost importance that health facilities and health workers be aware of the risks and the ways to reduce these by always following safety procedures. Nurses are especially well placed to be the link between communities and health systems as they can educate the public on the best practices to avoid contamination while making sure their allied colleagues and environments of care are safe and sustainable.
- Press release: Gender experts to headline International Council of Nurses 2017 Congress. Read here...
Applications for the International Council of Nurses’ “Global Nursing Policy Leadership Institute” are open! Follow the link on the left hand side of this homepage or click here to access. Read all about it in our Press Release here...
The International Summit in Human Genetics and Genomics sponsored by the National Human Genome Research Institute of the National Institutes of Health in the USA is accepting applications. Selected candidates will be fully sponsored (travel, local transportation in the United States, lodging and per diem) for the duration of the summit (30 Aug -30 Sept 2017). The programme is intended to train healthcare professionals and trainees from developing nations that are in their early-mid career stage. If you are interested, the details about eligibility, the programme and the application information can be found at: https://www.genome.gov/27563951/an-international-summit-in-human-genetics-and-genomics/
- On the occasion of the 140th session of the WHO Executive Board (EB), held 23-31 January 2017, the International Council of Nurses (ICN) addressed the World Health Organization (WHO) Director General and Secretariat as well as the 34 EB and numerous other member states in attendance. Read full report here...
- What does the report and findings of the UN Commission on Health Employment and Economic Growth mean for nurses? Find out more here
- ICN and the World Continuing Education Alliance (WCEA) are developing a platform for continuing nursing education which will be launched in mid-2017.