The purpose of the Observatory on Licensure and Registration is to enable ICN and the nursing profession to anticipate and respond in a timely, appropriate manner to international regulatory developments by providing leadership in influencing policy on global regulatory matters.
The Observatory will:
- Carry out regular trend scanning.
- Analyse the impact of emerging regulatory policies/issues.
- Identify priority issues related to licensure and registration, which should be addressed by ICN.
- Assist ICN to develop sound policy related to licensure and registration.
- Promote strategic thinking and research on regulation.
- Promote collaborative action in the regulatory field.
The Observatory consists of a small, invited cross-sectional group established to provide ICN with advice on emerging and future trends in regulation, strategic initiatives to be undertaken and policy stances ICN should consider.
The first formal meeting of the Observatory took place November 2005 in Madrid, Spain.
The Observatory reports on an annual basis to the ICN Board.
For more information contact us.