Permission to use ICNP
ICNP is owned and copyrighted by the International Council of Nurses (ICN). ICN is interested in facilitating access to ICNP and promoting its use. Any use of ICNP, be it commercial or not, requires the acceptance of an agreement authorizing such use. ICN is interested in protecting its copyright of ICNP.
ALL THOSE WANTING TO USE ICNP FOR ANY PURPOSE NEED PERMISSION FROM ICN.
- When the use is commercial and involves distribution of a product for-profit (e.g software) there is a licensing fee.
- If you are planning to incorporate the ICNP into a product you intend to sell or license to others, you will need an ICNP Licensing & Distribution Agreement.
Please contact the ICN eHealth Programme for further information about permission to use ICNP for commercial.
- If the use is non-commercial or distribution of a product that is sold for the cost of production, such as use of ICNP in education and research, there is no fee.
- For non-commercial internal or non-profit use, you will need an Agreement for Non-commercial Use of ICNP.
- Other applications, such as government use within a national health information system, will be negotiated in a case-by-case basis.
As well as protection of copyright, ICN is most concerned about facilitating access to ICNP for use by nurses. For this reason, there are no plans to give anyone copyright or to give any exclusive license rights for products, as this could bring a barrier to nurses wanting to use ICNP in their countries.
To use ICNP Download, ICNP Pre-coordinated Nursing Diagnosis/Outcomes & Interventions, or ICNP Catalogues for non-commercial internal or non-profit use, please fill out the online form.