- Preside at all meetings;
- Explain and adjudicate questions of order;
- Announce and conduct business;
- Entertain one motion/resolution/item for discussion at a time;
- Be fair and impartial;
- Give signature when necessary;
- Be ex-officio of all Subgroups;
- Liaise with designated ICN staff consultant; and
- Respond to, facilitate or refer all network inquiries.
- Review materials for publication and/or posting on website;
- Represent the Student Network when Chairperson is not available;
- Call the meeting to order in absence of the Chair; and
- Inform candidates of being selected to serve on the Core Steering Group or Subgroup (s).
- Keep and disseminate minutes of meetings;
- Record name of the member introducing a motion/issue;
- Maintain Network archives;
- Receive and archive reports from Chair; and
- Maintain Student Network Bulletins.
- Respond to the Student Network applicants interested in volunteer participation in the network;
- Establish and follow process of providing data to Subgroup Chairs for filling vacancies in Core Steering Group and Subgroups;
- Report progress of membership and Student Network volunteers at annual Core Steering Group meetings;
- Review potential members for Student Network recruited by the Core Steering Group or Subgroups or interested others; and
- Act as liason to subgroups as assigned by the Chair.