Goal: Liaise and provide support to the designated Subgroup chair and Subgroup members.
- Plan and schedule periodic communication activities about the projects of the Subgroup.
- Facilitate activities and projects in collaboration with the Chair of the Subgroup(s).
- Communicate status of the Subgroup periodically to Core Steering Group chair.
- Meet with the Subgroup Chair and members during the annual meeting;
- Provide a report of the Subgroup's activities related to their action plan to the Core Steering Group at the annual meeting;
- Communicate with the Chair and Subgroup members regarding the work set out in the action plan;
- Clarify the process to be used by the Subgroup Chair to facilitate problem solving;
- Learn the areas of expertise and resources available to the Subgroup through its members;
- Become a resource for the members of the Subgroup for the planned work and activities;
- Educate oneself on topics addressed by the Subgroup from an international perspective; and
- Act as a resource for the Subgroup Chair to facilitate problem solving.
Criteria for Liaison Representative
- Member of the Core Steering Group;
- Has had previous experience as coordinator, team leader, or officer in an organization/agency; and
- Knowledge of mentoring process, ability and desire to assist colleagues in professional growth.