Welcome to the Education Network Forum

Moderator: jb@icn

Welcome to the Education Network Forum

Postby jb@icn » 15 Oct 2010, 17:20

Welcome to the ICN Education Network forum. The forum is now live again after a period of unavailability due to the update of the ICN website. We welcome your posts and questions to address key issues related to nursing education globally. We thank you for your interest in the ICN Education Network and look forward to hearing from you!

Jean Barry
Consultant, Nursing and Health Policy
International Council of Nurses
jb@icn

Re: Welcome to the Education Network Forum

Postby drggRN » 16 Oct 2010, 21:19

I join Jean in welcoming everyone to the ICN Education Network. We are elated about the increasing membership and rising interest in nursing education issues. Thank you for registering your interest and we look forward to your continuing participation.

Virginia W. Adams
Chair, Steering Committee, ICN Education Network
drggRN

Postby KBreitkreuz » 31 Oct 2010, 16:09

Greetings Jean and Virginia. So happy to this forum up and running. Thank you for your dedication and hard work.
KrB,RN
KBreitkreuz

Postby lkavishe » 09 Jul 2011, 19:23

Thanks Jean and Virginia!

I am excited to be part of this forum. I am looking forward to learn a lot from people around the globe.
lkavishe

Postby ayang5 » 05 Mar 2012, 22:02

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity to connect globally and regionally. I am interested in ideas to get students to learn without overloading them with ever-increasing contents and also get them to be practice-ready as much as possible when they graduate instead of just passing with good grades. I believe simulation is a big part of helping them to make this transition and I look forward to getting ideas in these areas from colleagues around the world!
ayang5

Postby Deborah Nelson » 06 Mar 2012, 03:14

Thank you for your warm welcome! I am interested in having global contacts to discuss health issues related to the pediatric and maternal area of nursing.
Deborah Nelson

Postby cdutile » 13 Mar 2012, 14:46

I would like to say hello from the state of Maine in the USA
Thank you for having this forum for educators from all over the world to share their insights into the wonderful world of nursing education.
:lol:

Dr. Colleen Dutile
Kaplan Univeristy
School of Nursing
cdutile

Postby keywest2300 » 13 Mar 2012, 17:10

Thank you for the wonderful welcome. Also, thank you for Lynnae Lockett at Kaplan University for recommending this forum. I am excited. Greetings from Orlando Florida! 8-)
keywest2300

Postby bgray » 03 May 2012, 16:30

I am so excited to be able to participate in this forum. I have been a nurse since 1977 and a nurse educator since 1985, teaching undergraduate (pre-licensure), master's and doctoral nursing students. My focus is maternity/women's health/family nursing and nursing theory. I have had a great interest in global nursing issues since the early 1980's and am just delighted to find other like-minded nurses. I am located in Ohio, USA and have worked on a few education and research projects with nurses from the UK. I found that nursing in the USA and the UK are remarkably similar in their practice and education challenges. I look forward to learning more about other parts of the world from my new colleagues on this website.
bgray

Postby olsonsha » 14 Dec 2012, 18:31

Hello from Old Mission Michigan. I was so pleased to get this new resource through our local RN-AIM nursing organization which is also affiliated with the ANA. I am a nurse practitioner/educator who has just completed a book entitled "The Ecology of Wellness for Nurses- A Personal and Professional Resource. ( 2012) This is focused on helping nursing students, nurses and nurse educators explore the dimensions of both their personal and professional lives as it relates to their own wellness and their capacity to be a healing presence for themselves as well as their patient -families. I am interested in establishing Eco -Nursing Mentorships based on this ecological model which begins first with nurse educators and is fostered and nurtured within nursing students and ultimately conveyed to patient and families encouraging their wellness. I look forward to any dialogue and colleagial sharing regarding this perspective. Sincerely, Sharon Olson Ph.D. GNP- BC
olsonsha

Next

Return to Nursing Education Network