Donations for SILENT AUCTION - London Conference

Moderators: jb@icn, ac@icn

Donations for SILENT AUCTION - London Conference

Postby Maureenmom » 02 May 2012, 19:53

Hello fellow NPs/APNs!

As chair of the Fundraising committee - I'd like to encourage all of you to come to our LONDON conference in August!

Secondly, we plan to hold a SILENT AUCTION (as we did at Brisbane conference in 2010). How does it work? We'd like conference attendees to bring an item to DONATE to our group for sale during the conference. Items can be something native from your country/something specifically to remind the purchaser of your homeland! At Brisbane we had aboriginal paintings, jewelry from Native Americans, specially autographed APN book, hand woven woolen scarf, New Guinea hand woven purses, Iowa t-shirts and many more wonderful items!! Attendees may "BID" on items they want to purchase, hopefully raising the bid of others (so we make more money!). At the end of the silent auction (we will announce the closing time)...the last BID wins and the winner pays for the item/s and takes their prize/s home! The monies raised go toward financial support (grant) for NP/APN to attend our next International NP/APN conference. Our grant criteria specify the grant to an APN/NP from a country where the advanced practice nursing role is in developmental stages and preferably to a presenter.

SO WE HELP OUR FELLOW ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSES FROM AROUND THE WORLD!!
Oh, we will have a booth at the conference also... and we're looking for volunteers to help staff it! Thanks (in advance) for considering your items and time. Questions? Feel free to contact me. Maureenmom
Maureenmom

Re: Donations for SILENT AUCTION - London Conference

Postby rtgoodyear » 07 Jun 2012, 16:06

Hi Maureen, I have my Silent Auction gift.!!! See you in London. Rosemary Goodyear
rtgoodyear

Postby Maureenmom » 13 Jun 2012, 20:42

Thank you, Rosemary! We are hoping LOTS of others bring items to donate also!! See you in a few months. Maureenmom :D
Maureenmom

Postby Maureenmom » 28 Sep 2012, 02:04

THANK YOU to the donors, bidders and those who purchased items at our Second Silent Auction! (Our first one was in Brisbane in 2010). We had a successful auction! We raised around $ 2,500 USD for support toward NP/APNs to attend our conferences and our next will be Helsinski conference in August 2014. Priority is for NP/ APN's from countries where the role is developing and who submit an abstract to present at the conference. Applications for the support grant/s will be available in early 2014. Please consider applying and attending the conference- regardless! We had a great London Conference with excellent presentations, fun entertainment and many networking opportunities. Congratulations to our first grant winner from Jordan! Please plan ahead to bring an item to Helsinski to " share and shop" .
Anyone wanting to join our fun committee...please contact me at mrhjch@ gmail.com
Maureenmom

Return to INP/APN Network