global work experience

Moderators: jb@icn, ac@icn

global work experience

Postby jy88 » 29 Dec 2010, 21:46

Hi! I am an undergraduate nursing student looking for global work experience this summer. Are there any opportunities through ICN? How can I find nurses working abroad who might be willing to let me precept?
jy88

Re: global work experience

Postby drggRN » 31 Dec 2010, 21:14

There is a network on the website of the National League for Nurses (NLN), called International Nursing Education Services and Accreditation (INESA). Members of the group are involved in nursing education in many international countries. They are working on a toolkit for international travel and can help you. Is there a particular country you are interested in?
drggRN

Postby Theresa Wadas » 04 Feb 2011, 06:12

There are many opportunities to do medical missions through global and private organizations and you can find many of these through a simply internet search. There are a couple I would definately recommend: Heart in Motion is based out of Guatemala and takes students from the health field all year. One that I have enjoyed working with that does not charge all the customary fees and in fact will be leaving with shortly can be found at the following website: http://medicalmissions.clmusa.org/pampl ... index.html
Simply decide which country you are most interested in and I can assure you, there is an opportunity there for you to study.
Theresa Wadas

Postby raycarboni » 09 Mar 2011, 22:38

Thank you for the link! I am looking to get away and found the site very useful
raycarboni

Postby RNCY » 07 Apr 2011, 04:07

Thank you for the information. I have a friend that is very interested in Global Nursing she is just starting in nursing school but already has done mission work in Haiti and Africa. I think as she takes her journey in nursing Global Nursing will be her destination.

nancy
RNCY

Postby Laura080 » 19 Sep 2011, 16:39

Thanks for the information.. my sister has just qualified and can't find any work at the minute.. i will show to her she will be delighted :)

Laura
Laura080

Return to Student Network