Welcom to the ICN Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Forum

Moderator: jb@icn

Welcom to the ICN Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Forum

Postby jb@icn » 13 Dec 2010, 11:56

Welcome to the ICN Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice (INP/APNN) Forum. We welcome your posts and questions to address key issues related to nurse practitioner/advanced nursing practice globally. We thank you for your interest in the INP/APNN Network and look forward to hearing from you.

Jean Barry
Consultant, Nursing and Health Policy
International Council of Nurses
jb@icn

Re: Welcom to the ICN Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice F

Postby greenal » 04 Jan 2011, 06:36

Along with Jean I would also like to welcome you to this exciting new Forum and encourage you to post questions on the site. I look forward to hearing from you.

Anna Green
Chair Elect ICN - INP/APNN
greenal

Postby khutchin » 16 Mar 2011, 20:32

Hello - just joining. I am an APRN-CNS in North Carolina, US. We're clarifying use of titles and scope of practice in the state. My background is psych mental health nursing across the lifespan and addictions nursing. I am busy.
khutchin

Postby madrean » 25 Jun 2011, 08:44

At some point would you be interested in sharing what changes you have made in North Carolina. I am in Singapore and the largest group right now of advanced practice nurses (similar to NPs) are in psych/mental health. They started the roles in the inpatient wards and clinics at the Institute of Mental Health and are now progressing to NP/APN led clinics and outreach into the community.
madrean

Postby LourdesSantoni » 28 Jul 2011, 01:42

Thank you for the welcome

Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice requires communication within communities globally
NP/APN practice requires continuing education beyond the original program content during training

CAPITAL HEALTH is offering a APN Fellowship in Neuroscience starting July 2012 open to all NP/APNs for more information contact:

Capital Health 750 Brunswick Avenue Trenton, New Jersey 08638 USA
APN Fellowship in Neuroscience
Dr. Mitchell Rubin, Program Director

Applications Available September 2011
Applications Due January 2012
Applicant Interviews February 2012
Fellow Selection March 2012
Fellowship Starts July 1, 2012

email contact: lsantoni@capitalhealth.org

Thank you Dr. Lourdes Santoni, PhD, ACNP-BC, CPP, FAAPM
LourdesSantoni

Postby healer » 11 Aug 2011, 21:45

Hello Everyone,

I'm excited to be part of this message board and hope it will soon become a great place for collaboration and communication amongst NPs and APNs across the globe. I am the Co-Chair of the Communications Subgroup of INPAPNN. I'm working with our team to create a Bulletin for Fall 2011 which will describe the experiences of APNs from across the globe.

I'm a primary health care nurse practitioner from the province of Ontario in Canada. NPs across this province are excitedly awaiting regulatory changes that will expand the scope of practice of the NP and really help to decrease our barriers to practice. There is a lot of excitement here right now. You can find more at the Nurse Practitioners' Association of Ontario website at http://www.npao.org

I was also the co-founder of Canada's first NP-Led Clinic. Although NPs have "led" clinic operations for decades, ours was the first where NPs were awarded funding by our provincial government to open a primary health care clinic and lead the clinic through the Board of Directors as well as through operations.
The first clinic is called The Sudbury District Nurse Practitioner Clinics. There is a great website that gives details about the clinic at http://www.sdnpc.ca. Since our opening, 25 additional NPLCs (Nurse Practitioner Led Clinics) were awarded to NPs across the province and, to date, 8 have opened.

I've also been extremely lucky to be a part of Dr. Alba DiCenso's APN Chair program. Dr. DiCenso received an APN Chair through research funding from Canadian National research organizations. She created a wonderful program with fabulous opportunities for APNs and NPs in doctoral programs across Canada. The program has concluded, however, the website offers a number of extremely helpful links, in particular the APN resources link. For more information go to http://www.apnnursingchair.mcmaster.ca/ My involvement in INPAPNN grew through the APN Chair Program by a link with Christine Rieck-Buckley from the Canadian Nurses Association. She is also the Chair of the Health Policy Subgroup. With Christine's guidance, leadership and collaboration with other INPAPNN members we developed a survey to determine the regulatory status of APNs across the globe. We plan to present findings at the INPAPNN conference in London, England next August (2012).

I am a professor at a university in Ontario. I conduct research about NP practice, education and the NP Led Clinic model. I also practice as an NP in a casual basis. I would love to link with colleagues around the globe to find opportunities for research and practice/policy discussions. I'm including my work email address. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or ideas.

Cheers!!!
Roberta Heale
rheale@laurentian.ca
healer

Postby ahubjer » 08 Sep 2011, 06:55

Hi,
I'm a graduate student in Chicago and I'm looking for an APN in another country to communciate with via e-mail on professional issues in nursing. If anyone is interested or you know someone who might be interested, please let me know. This is a great opportunity for you to express your frustrations and 'll be more than happy to listen

Thanks a lot,
Azra H.
ahubjer@gmail.com
ahubjer

Postby teleenfermeria » 29 Sep 2011, 23:42

Best regards from Latin America.
It is gratifying that the CIE, is encouraging the participation of nursing of ICT, as a participant I am in my country and especially in the area of ​​Telenursing and computers, we can exchange information.

I can comment that I'm going to do, spokesman to the NI-IMIA-LAC, this forum is to invite and extend the time for us, for those living in Latin American colleagues to share our experiences.

I leave the various links:

https://www.facebook.com/teleenfermeria.telenursing

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Saludos cordiales desde Latinoamericana.
Es grato saber que el CIE , esta motivando a la participación de enfermería de las TIC , como participante que soy en mi pais y sobre todo en el tema de teleenfermera e informática ,podemos intercambiar información .

Les puedo comentar que voy hacer ,vocero ante el NI-IMIA-LAC ,para invitarlos ha este foro y la vez hacer extensiva para la nuestra, para aquellos colegas que viven en latinoamericana para compartir nuestra vivencias .

Les dejo los diferentes enlaces :

https://www.facebook.com/saudesulameric ... elenursing
teleenfermeria

Postby Sarah » 29 Nov 2011, 00:51

Nice to meet you all

Sarah
Sarah

Next

Return to INP/APN Network