Open Discussion

Moderators: jb@icn, ac@icn

Open Discussion

Postby Brennand » 18 Apr 2012, 02:07

Hi Everyone!

My name is Dominique Brennan and I recently filled out an application to become part of the student network. I am a member of the American Nurses Association and I am will be a second year nursing student at Duquesne Universuty in Pittsburgh Pennyslvania. I would like to know what the next step in the application process is or how I would go about getting more involved in this organization. I would love to connect with other student nurses from around the world and discuss the healthcare field, in particular the barriers and disparities in which other countries are dealing with. As a future nurse I am interested in public health as well as community education. Here at Duquesne we are guided by a transcultural perspective of nursing care, which I find to be of extreme importance. I feel that I can bring alot of insightful information to the student network in regards to my background in cultural competence as well as my knowledge about the current issues with the U.S. healthcare market. I am interested in what barriers are prevalent in other countries as far as patient care.

Here is a link to my schools' program website http://www.duq.edu/nursing/bsn/index.cfm

Thank you
Brennand

Re: Open Discussion

Postby JVPotts » 10 Sep 2012, 22:43

Hi Dominique. Pittsburgh is a fun city, the National Student Nurses' Association (NSNA) just had our 60th Annual Convention there. I noticed that you said that you were a member of the ANA, I was curious if you were also a member of NSNA?

Joe
JVPotts

Postby Brennand » 28 Nov 2012, 16:13

Hi,

I am a member of NSNA but I did not attend the convention.

Dominique Brennan
Brennand

Postby caroljoy » 13 Apr 2013, 08:21

Hi everyone,

my name is Carol Mudford and I am a nursing student in Australia. Like Dominique I am also really keen to be involved with ICN and this student network; it is fantastic to be part of discussions at a global level, and see what issues are common to us all, or unique to certain places, and to share tips and strategies to work together.

Being in Australia I am lucky to be able to attend the ICN Congress in Melbourne this May; are there other students coming from elsewhere? It will be fantastic to meet face to face!

I will be discussing challenges and strategies to gaining employment during the Student Network Assembly there, and would love to hear your opinions on the topic! Please see my new discussion on the forum :)

Cheers,

Carol :)
caroljoy

Return to Student Network