Graduation in US Made easy for International Students

Moderator: jb@icn

Graduation in US Made easy for International Students

Postby education2011 » 02 May 2011, 11:14

I am a student from Africa who was just accepted into graduate school in America. I think this is because I used an excellent,non-profit service that helps international students to get accepted by helping them to develop a highly convincing personal personal statement of purpose for admission to graduate programs. I wanted to share this tip with you in case you are an international graduate student interested in going to graduate school in America. Dear friends and moderator of this forum , it’s a valuable information for those who needs to go on higher education in America. visit here and gather much more valuable information on all courses right on personal statement of purpose website.

Re: Graduation in US Made easy for International Students

Postby Sarah » 15 Feb 2012, 04:42

Thanks for sharing education 2011, i' am checking it out now :)

Re: Graduation in US Made easy for International Students

Postby cpatel5 » 06 Oct 2012, 06:01

I am an international student from India who recently graduated with a BSN from a university in Ohio. I decided to continue studying and I am now in the DNP program (FNP subplan). While I am going to school, I wanted to get some RN experience. I am going to school full-time (due to my visa regulations), and thus I am looking for part-time RN experience. The issue with this is that my visa regulations do not allow me to work anywhere off-campus, and if I have to work on-campus as a RN, I cannot go over 20hr/week. Most of the part time RN positions at the University hospital are 24hr/wk positions. So I am not able to get any RN experience. Moreover, I did get a RN job offer from an institution off-campus that was a 20hr/wk position, but to work off-campus I would require to get a CPT (curricular practical training). For my CPT to get approved, I need an employment letter and a letter from my college of nursing that says that the RN experience that I am getting off-campus is a required training of the program of study that I am in. At this time, RN experience is not required to be in the DNP program. Thus, I am not getting any support from my university whatsoever. However, my concern is that without any RN experience, a DNP diploma is not going to help me in any way. Graduating with a DNP, people are going to expect me to know everything and think of me as an expert. However, with no background of nursing practice, I am not sure how confident I will be in the advanced practice role. Did any one face a situation like the one I am in now? Can you suggest me any idea that would allow me to get RN experience? How to find a way out of this? Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated. I am in a situation where I regret graduating :(

Return to “Student Network”