Welcome to the ICN Rural and Remote Network forum

Moderator: jb@icn

Welcome to the ICN Rural and Remote Network forum

Postby jb@icn » 15 Oct 2010, 18:41

Welcome to the ICN Rural and Remote Network forum. The forum is now live again after a period of unavailability due to the update of the ICN website. We welcome your posts and questions to address key issues related to rural and remote nursing globally. We thank you for your interest in the ICN Rural and Remote Network and look forward to hearing from you!

Jean Barry
Consultant, Nursing and Health Policy
International Council of Nurses.
jb@icn

Re: Welcome to the ICN Rural and Remote Network forum

Postby kirstymm » 11 Mar 2011, 00:15

This is a great facility. Thank you to Eldrid Gilbert for telling me about the ICN Rural and Remote Nurses network and forum.
My name is Kirsty Murrell-McMillan and I am chair of the New Zealand Rural General Practice Network. This is a network of rural doctors and nurses who are both advocates for rural general practice and a group who are supportive of all rural practitioners working within NZ. We started in 2000, and have always been a board where both nurses and doctors strive to work to gether equitably towards how they can best serve their community. We have long recognised that a large percentage of the health care work in a rural community can be done by either practitioner and that when there is a supportive team. Nurses in rural NZ enjoy a great deal of autonomy of pracices in collaboration with their GP colleagues. They participate in provision of after hours care, general practice and nurse led services, emergency care first on call roles as well as providing public health , district nursing roles often all bundled into one role.
I will be promoting to our members at the rural conference that we hold annually this website and membership of this rural network. Well done to Eldrid and other rural nurses in the hawkes Bay for their leadership on behalf of NZ .
kirstymm

Postby fiona77 » 22 Aug 2011, 13:01

Thanks for letting me know about phone Card Calling Cards other good stuff !
Last edited by fiona77 on 26 May 2013, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
fiona77

Postby Laura080 » 29 Nov 2011, 00:47

Laura080

Postby harrypot » 06 Jan 2012, 09:30

The ICN Rural and Remote Nursing Network aims to connect, educate, support and collaborate with nurses from across the globe who have an interest in rural and remote nursing, with the goal of improving the timeliness, quality and access of a broad range of health care services and nursing practice for individuals, their families, communities and countries.
-----------------------------------------------

Forum Posting service|Forum Posting
harrypot

Postby darelj » 01 Feb 2012, 19:36

Sarah wrote:Hey guys, why dont we all go somewhere together? let me know what you think anyway :)

Hey Sarah, that's a really good idea and I like it. Hopefully we'll see that sort of events in a near future.

Darel
darelj

Postby larrymk » 11 Feb 2012, 06:25

harrypot wrote:The ICN Rural and Remote Nursing Network aims to connect, educate, support and collaborate with nurses from across the globe who have an interest in rural and remote nursing, with the goal of improving the timeliness, quality and access of a broad range of health care services and nursing practice for individuals, their families, communities and countries.
-----------------------------------------------

Forum Posting service|Forum Posting

hi, my sister is nurse from indonesia and hope this forum can give her education and support. by the way nice to meet with all of you.
larrymk

Postby adward » 13 Feb 2012, 14:16

It's quite late to read this news. Anyway I hope this year will be better for me.

Regards,
Come with me...
adward

Remote island care and seniors

Postby Jenelle » 19 Jun 2012, 02:17

Hi, I'm a registered nurse in western Canada. 18 months ago I moved to a small island off Vancouver Island - a ferry trip away from Vancouver. My small island has been without a regular physician for two years. We do have locum coverage most weeks but it is sporadic. We have a nurse practitioner two days a week (hoping to get it increase to full-time). I'm working with local seniors - our island population is 1100 residents, with 60% who are aged over 55 years of age. This is double the provincial population proportion for older adults. Is anyone else in this network invovled in providing services to seniors in a small rural/remote location? I'm exploring prevalence of seniors needs with intent to develop a proposal for a more integrated service design for seniors on our island and would love to hear your experiences.
Last edited by jb@icn on 25 Jun 2012, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Create a new topic for this post
Jenelle

Return to Rural and Remote Nursing Network