The Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the University of Lausanne, Switzerland and the University Medical Centre of Lausanne (CHUV) invite applications for the position of
Director, Associate or Full Professor
Institut universitaire de formation et de recherche en soins
The rank of the position will be determined according to the level of the selected candidate.
She/he will be in charge of
- Ensuring the scientific, financial and administrative direction of the Institut universitaire de formation et de recherche en soins (IUFRS, http://www.unil.ch/sciences-infirmieres).
- Leading and developing the teaching and research programmes of the IUFRS.
- Developing personal research projects and providing teaching.
- Helping develop the nursing sciences in the French speaking region of Switzerland, in coordination with academic and clinical circles.
- Raising funds to ensure the financial sustainability of the IUFRS.
The eligibility requirements are:
- PhD in nursing science.
- Teaching experience in nursing science.
- Successful track record of nursing research projects (external funding).
- Experience in establishing academic programmes.
- Experience as director of a university department or institute: an advantage.
- Capacity to network at the national and international levels in the field of nursing and health care.
- Good knowledge of French and English. German would be an asset.
The job description as well as a description of the IUFRS are available on the Internet site http://www.unil.ch/fbm/page64812.html. Further information may be obtained from
Prof. Michaud (Pierre-Andre.Michaud@chuv.ch), chairman of the search committee.
The applications, in English, will include the curriculum vitae, the list of publications with a copy of the five most significant ones, a brief statement of the research programme and teaching experience and a copy of diplomas. They should be sent by January 8th, 2014 to http://www.unil.ch/iafbm/application.
Seeking to promote an equitable representation of men and women among its staff, the University encourages applications from women.