sexually transmissible infection education

Moderator: jb@icn

sexually transmissible infection education

Postby colinrobertsUK » 27 May 2014, 13:09

I am seeking information about sexually transmissible education & training for nurses across Europe. I am wondering if there is any way of identifying if there is specific education provided to nurses either at under-graduate or post graduate level on sexual infections, HIV or contraception?

I have created a questionnaire using Survey Monkey with the aim to assess what is offered and if it is offered, are there barriers to nurses accessing the education provided. The link is https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/STInurseEurope2013

I am an invited speaker at the International Union for STI conference (an international medical conference) in September and I would like to include the current situation in Europe making sure I provide a review of all that is available. I am keen to look at not only education but clinical competency assessment as well.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you wish further information or have any questions and if there is a more appropriate person to contact would you please let me know.
colinrobertsUK

Return to Nursing Education Network