Introduction

Moderators: jb@icn, ac@icn

Introduction

Postby Pat Camillo » 05 Jan 2012, 03:21

I was trying to find a way to connect with colleagues around the world and found this wonderful board. I haven't read through everything yet but look forward to it.
I have been a nurse in the US since 1974 - YIKES....now I feel old :). I have practiced in many settings over the years in many capacities along with teaching. The past 20 or so years I've been teaching primarily in graduate NP programs. I am a certified NP in Women's Health, Gerontology and Menopause. I have a PhD in Nursing and Medical Anthropology. Over the past two years I have had to take some time off to get both my hips replaced and during that time I was so bored, I decided to set up a web site and put all of my teaching resources on it. In the states I have watched many new educators become overwhelmed with their teaching loads and I thought it might help their prep for classes to have some of my little treasures. You can find these on NursingProfessor.com. It's still a work in process but the feedback I received so far has been gratifying.

On another note, my daughter is a classical musician living in Bergen, Norway. I'm planning a visit there in April and would love to connect with colleagues who might be in Oslo or Bergen.

Thanks for setting up this board.

Pat
Pat Camillo

Re: Introduction

Postby Otise » 05 Jan 2012, 16:08

Welcome dear, i hope you must have a great time there. I am really impressed by your introduction. It would be pleasure for me to make you a friend.
Otise

Postby crawfol » 17 May 2012, 16:40

Hello,
I am, also,new to this site. I am from SC and am currently teaching in an ADN program. I have been in nursing for most of my life..I graduated from LPN school in 1971, and continued up through the ranks until I was able to obtain my MSN. It may have taken me awhile to arrive but I love the teaching experience! I have had the wonderful opportunity to travel with a group of nursing students to Belize for the last 2 years. It was a unforgettable transcultural experience for the faculty and the students. I am excited to be a part of the Nursing Education Network and to have the opportunity to learn from your experiences.
crawfol

Postby omarionelson » 30 Apr 2013, 19:46

thanks camillo

i am Balingwe Nelson from Cameroon

i am currently teaching enrolled nurses and i wish to do it better.

i will vist the site right away
omarionelson

Return to Nursing Education Network