seeking educators and PHD programs in developing world

Moderator: jb@icn

seeking educators and PHD programs in developing world

Postby jb@icn » 29 Mar 2011, 09:14

Briefly, I’m involved in a program that is providing a Masters in Nursing Education for the faculty currently teaching in the 8 school of Nursing and/or Midwifery in Liberia. We currently have 17 students using mostly a visiting expat faculty. Because these student, who are instructors, cannot be away from their school for a protracted period – the program is being offered in two full semesters, an intersession and summer session – then the final semester (after that year of classroom work) is a practicum. With the students returning to the institutions where they are faculty, with program faculty visiting and seminars. This current cycle started September 2010 and will be completed December 2011. The next cycle is slated to start February 2012 and will end in May or June 2013.

From this forum I'm hoping for two things. Our current faculty are PhD prepared professors from the US. We are very hopeful to include faculty from other parts of the world – especially the developing world. We provide transport R/T, housing, local transport, Visa assistance and a stipend that will provide for daily needs/expenses. We would welcome a visiting professor for the full semester (14 weeks) or would consider having them teach two courses over a 7 week period.

Secondly, we are looking at sustainability. We would like to send two Masters prepared nurses for a PhD program. The venue of the PhD program, if at all possible in a developing country – where English is the medium of study. We will look in the US and would consider other places – but feel that a developing country may be the most appropriate and in the end have the greatest effect. Would really appreciate hearing about institutions of excellence which offer PhD level study in Nursing that could be explored in the developing world? I’m pretty sure that we can come up with scholarships from here.

Moderator: New post created from post under topic is there a shortage of nurses in your country
jb@icn

Re: seeking educators and PHD programs in developing world

Postby goglen2011 » 29 Aug 2011, 04:22

Interesting, I like: the program is being offered in two full semesters, an intersession and summer session - then the final semester (after that year of classroom work) is a practicum.
Top Selection UGG Ultra Tall Ugg Color ! All the Sales, All in One Place.
goglen2011

Return to Nursing Education Network