Student and Staff Mobility in Nursing Education

Moderator: jb@icn

Student and Staff Mobility in Nursing Education

Postby Andy Gibbs » 28 Feb 2011, 12:35

Dear Colleague

I have been invited by the Higher Education Academy (Scotland) to produce a resource that will promote student and teacher mobility in Higher Education Health subjects such as nursing, midwifery, occupational therapy and physiotherapy. This will take the form of a website, a publication and a seminar in Edinburgh later this year.

I am currently seeking examples of practices that promote transnational academic and work placement mobility, an understanding of some of the barriers to mobility and student or teacher testimonials of the benefits of such mobility. I would welcome these in the form of a short description (around 250 word) which I would follow up with you before possible inclusion in the resource. Please send to mailto:A.Gibbs@napier.ac.uk

I would be grateful if you could forward this email to other colleagues and students who may be interested in making a contribution.

Please also let me know if you are interested in knowing the outcomes of this work.

Best wishes

Andy Gibbs

Subject Group Leader Mental Health/Learning Disabilities
British Council UK Bologna Expert
President Florence Nursing and Midwifery Network
Edinburgh Napier University
School of Nursing Midwifery and Social Care
Sighthill Campus
Edinburgh
EH114BN
Telephone 0044 (0)1314555301
Andy Gibbs

Re: Student and Staff Mobility in Nursing Education

Postby KBreitkreuz » 28 Feb 2011, 13:38

Are you looking for European examples, or examples beyond European borders?

In the USA each state regulates nursing practice. So while the licensing exam for RN is standard, and the accreditation standards are regulated by two agencies, there are still different practice documents in each state. When RN's reach the advanced practice level, there are many variations. An AP practice license in one state does not transfer to another.
KrB,RN
KBreitkreuz

Return to Nursing Education Network