International Issues in Nursing Undergraduate Education

Moderator: jb@icn

International Issues in Nursing Undergraduate Education

Postby jamills » 08 Jan 2014, 03:35

Hi Everyone, my name is Jane Mills and I represent Australia, New Zealand the the Western Pacific on the leadership group for the Nursing Education Network. As some of you would be aware at the end of last year we posted a bulletin based on the forum discussion at ICN's recent global congress. You can read the bulletin here: http://www.icn.ch/images/stories/documents/networks/NursingEducation/Nursing_Education_Network_Bulletin_October_2013.pdf

There were many different issues identified at the forum which we would like to continue discussing online with our many members around the world. In particular, we would be interested in your thoughts about developing student nurse resilience with the aim of reducing the attrition rate of early career registered nurses (first 5 years post graduation). Attrition from the profession is a major issue around the world with the subsequent effect of nurse shortages in many different countries and settings.

Looking forward to joining in a lively discussion over the next few months.

Best wishes Jane
jamills

Re: International Issues in Nursing Undergraduate Education

Postby drggRN » 02 Jun 2014, 23:11

I would like to follow up as well. As we prepare for the ICN Conference in Seoul, we would love to get feedback about international issues in undergraduate education and any issues that need to be discussed at the next meeting in 2015. What are the urgent nursing education issues that could be addressed by colleagues around the globe? Name three if possible.
drggRN

Postby joselurdc » 13 Jun 2014, 12:20

As a graduate student, I am missing information how to some practical experience in other countries. I would like to conduct some of the practical training in my last year abroad as a volunteer and I am struggling to find a position as there is a lack of information.
joselurdc

Postby PerryScot » 15 Aug 2014, 14:58

Hello, I am responding to the question: What are the urgent nursing education issues that could be addressed by colleagues around the globe? I have been thinking about this for a while and I am not sure if these are urgent for all. However, there are issues around:
Transnational nursing education
The use of new technologies in nursing practice and the preparation of students in relation to these
Support and preparation of the new nurse teacher

It would be interesting to read of the issues others have in mind. Patricia
PerryScot

Return to Nursing Education Network