Afya Bora Consortium Fellowship in Global Health Leadership is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 Fellowship year.
There are 20 positions available for health professionals interested in a 12-month fellowship (starting June 2017) in one of our African partner countries (Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Cameroon).
The purpose of the Afya Bora Fellowship is to provide trainees with a set of practical skills that will prepare you for leadership positions in government, non-government, and academic health institutions in developing countries.
The 12-month training program has 2 components:
• A 8-week Core Curriculum, plus 4 distance learning modules, and
• Two 4.5-month assignments to sites, such as Ministries of Health, NGOs, etc. in partner African countries.
The Afya Bora Consortium is a partnership of 9 academic health centers, five in Africa and four in the United States:
• University of Nairobi and the University of Washington
• University of Botswana and the University of Pennsylvania
• Makerere University and Johns Hopkins University
• Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences and the University of California, San Francisco
• University Buea and Johns Hopkins University
In order to be eligible to apply all applicants MUST meet the following criteria
• Be a citizen or permanent resident of US, Kenya, Botswana, Uganda, Cameroon, or Tanzania
• Meet ONE of the following education requirements
o Medical applicants need to have a M.D. or MBChB with Masters degree in related field.
o Nursing applicants need to have a Masters degree in Nursing, Public Health or a related field (doctoral level preferred).
o Other Public Health professionals must have a doctoral degree in Public Health or a related field (PhD, DrPH, Pharm.D)
Applications are due December 1, 2016.
To APPLY or for more information visit our website at www.afyaboraconsortium.org
2 posts • Page 1 of 1