The next meeting of national Nurses Association Representatives will be held 18-19 May 2016 in Geneva, Switzerland.
The purpose of this meeting is to:
- Focus on important issues relevant to the NNAs regarding HRH, SDGs and UHC.
- Provide an opportunity for ICN to update members on developments, in particular issues related to the 2016 World Health Assembly (WHA); and
- Offer an opportunity to consider and share experience on items identified for discussion at the Triad meeting (NNA Representatives/Chief Nursing Officers/Regulators) which will be held all day on the 20 May and the morning of 21 May. A major focus of the Triad meeting will be the future of the nursing and midwifery workforce.
High-Level Commission on Health Employment and Economic Growth (Mr. James Campbell, WHO)
- ICN 2016-2017 Transformation and Regional Engagement (Dr Frances Hughes, ICN)
- ANA Expanding nursing's influence in the US (Pamela Cipriano, President, American Nurses Association)
- Emerging and future issues - CNA (Karima Velji,President, Canadian Nurses Association)
- Emerging and future issues (Grete Christensen, President, Danish Nurses' Organization)
- NNAs -Strategies for growing and increasing our influence (Dr. Karen Bjøro, 2nd Vice President, Norwegian Nurses Organisation)
- Strategies and Approaches for Increasing Nursing's Influence on Policy and Political Issues TWNA (Kwua-Yun Wang, President, Taiwan Nurses Association)
- The Emerging & Future Issues from CNA & China's perspectives (Ying Wu,Vice Secretary General, Chinese Nursing Association)
- WHO Global Strategies Direction for Strengthening Nursing and Midwifery 2016-2020 (Howard Catton & Erica Ehrhart, ICN)
- UN Commission NNA consultation feedback