A supplement entitled "Achieving patient-centred care for people affected by tuberculosis"
was published alongside the October 2013 issue of the International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease.
The supplement is open access and has been co-sponsored by Jhpiego and the ICN TB Project.
It was guest edited by Stacie Stender, the Africal Regional Director for Jhpiego and Gini Williams as the Director of the ICN TB Project.
All ten articles in the supplement have been written by nurses from different parts of the world and present a variety of perspectives with regard to patient-centred care.
Following articles have been written by nurses directly involved in the TB Project :
- Universal patient-centred care : can we achieve it ?
editorial written by V. Williams
- Making patient-centred care a reality in the slums of eastern Nairobi
article written by A. Njoroge, S. Cassidy, V. Williams
- Evaluating the output of transformational patient-centred nurse training in Ethiopia
article written by Y.Tadesse, M. Yesuf, V. Williams
- Health care workers’ fears associated with working in multidrug- and or extensively-resistant tuberculosis wards in South Africa
article written by C. Tudor, M. Mphahlele, M. Van der Walt, J.E. Farley
- Nurse-managed care for health care workers in southern Africa
article written by P. Mamba, M. Dlamini, R.K. Mallinson, V. Williams
- The contribution of nurses to a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care in Tomsk, Russia
article written by T. Y. Fedotkina, V. Williams