The Nurses Association of Slovenia was established in 1992. The tasks which were already stated in the statute of the Association of Nurses and Health Technicians Societies of Slovenia, were expanded into this group. Nurses Association of Slovenia - Association of Nurses and Health Technicians Societies of Slovenia is the only professional organization of nurses.
Its main purposes are to:
- unite nurses and health technicians from the entire country and to represent their professional, social and economic interests;
- develop and promote modern nursing care; and
- provide quality nursing care for all people.
http://www.wfhss.com/html/members/si_zzns_en.htm#MEMBER_SI_ZZNS_PURPOSE (accessed on 23/04/2009)
Tasks of the organisation include:
- coordinating the profession;
- preparing legislation which regulates the field;
- representing political positions to enable and ensure professional development of nursing,
- establishing appropriate status for nursing care providers in the society;
- monitoring and participating in education of nurses;
- developing nursing research.
http://www.fepi.org/docs/country_profils/Prof_SI_EN.pdf (accessed on 23.04.2009).