The Nursing Council of Thailand was established under the Royal Decree of Professional Nursing and Midwifery Act B.E. 2528 on September, 5, 1985. The Council is responsible to the Minister of Public Health.
The Council has the following responsibilities:
- To monitor the conduct of those who are licensed as nurses, midwives, or nurse-midwives according to the professional code of ethics.
- To promote education, research, and career advancement in the nursing and midwifery professions.
- To promote the unity and maintain the dignity of members.
- To assist, advise, educate, and disseminate information to public and other organizations regarding the scientific knowledge base of nursing, midwifery, and public health.
- To provide consultation and recommendation to the government for the advancement of nursing, midwifery, and towards the achievement of
comprehensive health care.
- To be the professional voice of nurses and represent their interests and concerns.
- To help in the search for justice and promote welfare to all members.
http://www.moph.go.th/ngo/nursec/aboutus.htm (accessed 22.04.2009)