There are currently over ten existing bodies responsible for regulating healthcare within Dubai. In association with the existing regulatory entities, the DHA is seeking to deliver one single new integrated licensing system for the whole of Dubai.
Within the DHA the Government will create a new health regulation agency. The new DHA health regulation agency will manage all regulatory functions within the medical and health sector in Dubai. It will be the sole issuer of all licenses for all health professionals and facilities in Dubai.
The DHA’s new regulation agency will:
- License all healthcare providers and facilities in Dubai
- Simplify the regulatory burden by managing and coordinating all regulatory resources within the Dubai health sector
- Be responsible for the DHA’s regulatory policy and standards, helping to ensure safe and effective practice in all health services in Dubai
- Undertake regular inspections of all health facilities, helping to enforce DHA’s clinical standards
- Deliver DHA’s economic regulation policy
- Monitor professional performance
- Implement and manage a health related complaints service and process that delivers quick and transparent outcomes
- Assist health care providers to achieve the necessary standards