The ICN Code of Ethics for Nurses, most recently revised in 2012, is a guide for action based on social values and needs.The Code has served as the standard for nurses worldwide since it was first adopted in 1953.
The Code is regularly reviewed and revised in response to the realities of nursing and health care in a changing society. The Code makes it clear that inherent in nursing is respect for human rights, including the right to life, to dignity and to be treated with respect.
The ICN Code of Ethics guides nurses in everyday choices and it supports their refusal to participate in activities that conflict with caring and healing.
To obtain a hard copy of the ICN Code of Ethics, please contact
Shipping costs will apply for 50 copies or more.
ICN Code of Ethics (2012)
- Code déontologique du CII (French - 2012)
- Código deontológico del CIE (Spanish - 2012)
- ICN's Etiske Kodexs for Sigeplejersker (Danish - 2000)
- ICN Ethik Kodex für Pflegende (German - 2005)
- CII Codice Deontologico degli infermieri del Consiglio internazionale degli infermieri (ICN) (Italian- 2012)
- ICN 看護師の倫理綱領 (Japanese - 2012)
- ICN etický kódex (Slovakian - 2000)
- ICNS etiske regler for sykepleiere (Norwegian - 2000)
- ЭТИЧЕСКИЙ КОДЕКС ICN ДЛЯ СЕСТЕР (Russian 2000)
- ICN:s Etiska kod för sjuksöterskor (Swedish - 2006)
- Kodeks Etyki ICN dla Pielęgniarek (Polish - 2006)
- Código internacional de ética para enfermeiras(os) (Brazilian Portuguese - 2012)