- Important: Information on the recent cases of MERS in Korea.
- The ICN Conference in Seoul will be held from 19-23 June. We are delighted to have such eminent speakers this year: Dr Margaret Chan, Director General of the World Health Organization, will give the keynote speech; Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh, WHO Regional Director for South East Asia, will speak on nurses’s role in the post-MDG agenda; Dr Jim Campbell, Executive Director of the Global Health Workforce Alliance and Director of the WHO’s Health Workforce Department, will speak on unifying nurses to improve migration, socio-economic status and working conditions; Dr Sheila Tlou, Director of the UNAIDS Regional Support Team for Eastern and Southern Africa, and Dr Agnes Soucat, Global Solutions Leader for health Service Delivery at the World Bank will debate the topic of Universal Health Coverage: can the world afford it? And finally, Dr. Heimar de Fatima Marin, from the Federal University of São Paulo, will give this year’s Virgina Henderson lecture. We are looking forward to seeing you all in Seoul!
The Council of National Nursing Association Representatives (CNR) will meet from 17-19 June to discuss the priorities and future direction of ICN. The meetings will include a side event on 17 June, held in conjunction with the World Health Organization, centred around the WHO Global Strategy on Human Resources for Health “The Global Strategy on Human Resources for Health: Workforce 2030” and the current Strategic Directions for strengthening Nursing and Midwifery, which will also be discussed at the ICN/WHO side event on 17 June. This side event is open to all CNR representatives as well as to registered CNR observers. Please note observer space is limited.
EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT! Regarding a new GIRL CHILD EDUCATION FUND initiative at the FNIF luncheon in Korea on 21 June. Watch the ICN/FNIF websites for postings.
ICN Conference – get the app! The mobile app for the ICN Conference is now available for download from the apple store and android market. Go to the store and type “ICN 2015” in the search section. You will have easy access to the latest information on the ICN Conference including sessions, speakers, a floor plan, etc.
- Press Release: Margaret Chan, Director General, World Health Organization to be ICN Nursing Conference Keynote Speaker. Read more...
ICN Conference – Searchable list of abstracts now available online! Please click here to access the online abstract search engine of all concurrent, symposium and poster sessions at the ICN Conference in Seoul.
- Nurses: A Force for Change: Care Effective, Cost Effective - click here for ICN's International Nurses Day 2015 kit !
- For job postings at the World Health Organization, please click here.