No health workforce, no global health securityNo health workforce, no global health security: The Lancet’s editorial from 21 May highlights the importance of upcoming discussions at the World Health Assembly of the Global Strategy on Human Resources for Health: Health Workforce 2030.
- Press Release: International Council of Nurses welcomes new Strategic Directions for Nursing & Midwifery 2016-2020. Read more...
In May, ICN will host or co-host three important meetings in the lead up to the World Health assembly. The meeting of National Nurses Association Representatives will be held 18-19 May 2016 and will focus on important issues relevant to our members such as the Sustainable Development Goals, the WHO Global Strategy on Human Resources for Health: Workforce 2030 and global commitments toward attaining Universal Health Coverage. The Credentialing and Regulators Forum will be held 18 & 19 May, and the Triad meeting, hosted by ICN, WHO and ICM, will take place 20-21 May 2016 to focus on the future of nursing and midwifery workforce. More information on these meetings can be found here.
- Online submission of abstracts for the ICN 2017 Congress in Barcelona opens on 16 May 2016 and will close on 10 October 2016. Please go to www.icncongress.com for more invitation and submission.
The Women Deliver Conference will be held in Copenhagen, Denmark, 16-19 May 2016, The focus of the conference will be on how to implement SDGs as they relate to girls and women, with a specific focus on health – in particular maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights – and the inter-connections with gender equality, education, environment, and economic empowerment.ICN was represented by the Danish Nurses Organisation.
We are pleased to share with you a video by the Danish Nurses Organisation showing the work that nurses do every day to improve women's health: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TsMdaMxY_A . For more information, go to: WD2016.org
- ICN has two new internship positions available. Click here for more information on our Health Policy and Communications and Media internships.
- Press Release: Mary Wakefield, Leslie Mancuso and Linda Aiken to headline ICN Congress in Barcelona. Read more...
ICN’s inaugural regional conference will be held in Bangkok, Thailand, 7 & 8 November 2016 with the theme, Ageing Populations: Nursing Challenges and Solutions. More information can be found by clicking here.
ICN is pleased to announce that our 2014-2015 Biennial report is now available in pdf format here.
ICN is pleased to release its Call for Abstracts and launch the website for its 2017 Congress: www.icncongress.com. Headlined with the theme Nurses at the forefront transforming care, the Congress will take place in Barcelona, Spain from 27 May-1 June2017. Online submission of abstracts opens on 16 May 2016 and will close on 10 October 2016.
- ICN Policy Briefs on the WHO Global Strategy on Human Resources for Health