Operated by nurses and leading nursing internationally, ICN works to ensure quality nursing care for all and sound health policies globally.
The World Health Organization, in collaboration with ICN, is holding a side event on 17 June just prior to the ICN Conference in Seoul, Korea. During this event, presentations and discussions will centre around the WHO Global Strategy on Human Resources for Health “The Global Strategy on Human Resources for Health: Workforce 2030”. In addition, WHO recently engaged over 100 key partners and individuals to provide their opinions on the current Strategic Directions for strengthening Nursing and Midwifery, which will also be discussed at the ICN/WHO side event on 17 June. This side event is open to all representatives of the ICN's Council of National Nursing Associations (CNR) as well as to registered CNR observers. Please note observer space is limited.
ICN Conference – Searchable list of abstracts now available online! Please click here to access the online abstract search engine of all concurrent, symposium and poster sessions at the ICN Conference in Seoul.
Make your contribution to health policy! ICN is encouraging nurses to make a contribution to three global health sector strategies being developed by the World Health Organization: HIV, viral hepatitis and sexually transmitted diseases. These strategies will be finalised for consideration at the 69th World Health Assembly in May 2016. By clicking here you can access an online survey as well as early drafts of the three strategies and other background documents. The deadline for responses is 30 April 2015.
- Join the virtual nursing session to be held during the Med-e-Tel Conference on Friday, 24 April 2015 from 14:00-16:00 European Central Time (Luxembourg). It is sponsored by Telenursing Working Group of the International Society for Telemedicine and eHealth, in collaboration with the International Council of Nurses. For more information, click here.
- The International Council of Nurses would like to inform you that two new positions are being created at ICN headquarters:
- an Analyst
- a Director of Business Development
ICN is therefore now searching for candidates. Please see the attached notices for details and note that the application deadline is 10th April 2015.
Dr Mary Wakefield, PhD, RN, who was scheduled to be the keynote speaker at the ICN Conference in Seoul in June, has been appointed Acting Deputy Secretary for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and is therefore regretfully unable to attend the Conference. A new keynote speaker will be announced shortly.
- Stand up and be counted! It’s good for your health! We’re excited to announce the launch of the new Grow your Wellness Health Risk Assessment! This easy-to-use online tool gives you a fast and effective snapshot of your personal and workplace health risk factors. You can also compare your scores with nursing colleagues in your country and around the world”.
- Nurses: A Force for Change: Care Effective, Cost Effective - click here for ICN's International Nurses Day 2015 kit !
- For job postings at the World Health Organization, please click here.