Operated by nurses and leading nursing internationally, ICN works to ensure quality nursing care for all and sound health policies globally.
Dr. Norma Lang, Distinguished Professor, who was instrumental in starting ICNP 25 years ago, visited with the ICN eHealth team members in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA .
- Press Release : Refugee and Women's Health Top Concerns for Winner of Nursing's International Achievement Award. Read more...
- Press Release : ICN Leadership for Change Programme™ celebrates first USA and North Pacific Island graduates. Read more...
- Nurses: A Force for Change: Care Effective, Cost Effective - click here for ICN's International Nurses Day 2015 kit !
- Press Release : Growing support for shared ethical principles from healthcare and medicines providers. Read more...
Ebola is not the end of the world – Rebecca Johnson, a nurse from Sierra Leone, gave a speech at the WHO Executive Board Special Session on Ebola, sending the message “Even though there is no certain cure for Ebola, early treatment is your best chance at survival.” Read her full speech here.
- For all ICN news and resources on Ebola, click here.
- For job postings at the World Health Organization, please click here.
- Registration to the ICN Conference 2015 is now open. To register, please go to www.icn2015.ch/en/registration
FOCUS ON AN ICN MEMBER
The American Nurses Association will hold its 2015 Quality Conference on 4-6 February with the theme, On the Front Line of Quality: The Future of Health Care. The conference explores to changing landscape of quality and patient safety and reveals the future of health care. The innovative and interactive programme promises to challenge what you know about quality solutions, stimulate your creativity and motivate you to change your practice.
FOCUS ON AN ICN PROJECT
ICN recognises there is an urgent need for nurses everywhere to engage with their colleagues, communities and all sectors to address the growing threat of non-communicable disease. Our projects include the African Nurse Training Programme which aims to improve awareness, recognition and management of co-morbid diabetes and depression; the Grow Your Wellness online resource centre which provides a variety of educational, assessment, intervention and advocacy materials to support health professionals engaging in health and wellness activities; and participation in the WHO Global NCD Action Plan 2013-2020.