ICN joins 17th World Heart Day for the prevention of cardiovascular disease: 29 September World Heart Day raises awareness of cardiovascular disease with the theme, Power your life. The world’s number one killer, cardiovascular disease accounts for a third of all deaths, or 17.5 million, globally each year. ICN recognises and supports the role of nurses and nurses associations in leading prevention campaigns, research and influencing policies to increase health literacy and the elimination of heart diseases. As primary care providers, nurses have the ability to directly impact patients’ behaviours by educating, preventing and controlling the factors leading to NCDs and are pivotal in reaching sustainable goals.
What does the report and findings of the UN Commission on Health Employment and Economic Growth mean for nurses? Find out more here
- Press Release: Investing in the Health Workforce – UN Commission on Health Employment and Economic Growth releases report. Read more...
- Press Release: ICN Wellness Centre in Swaziland celebrates decade of support to wellbeing of healthcare workers. Read more...
- The International Council of Nurses is calling for submissions of case studies for the 2017 International Nurses Day (IND) Resource. Individuals, teams and organisations can send their contributions until 30 September 2016. The 2017 theme is “A Voice to Lead: achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).” Read more...
Call for Nominations for the first Kim Mo Im Policy Innovation and Impact Award - Nominations Open!
The Award will be presented during the ICN Congress Opening Ceremony, 27 May 2017, Barcelona, Spain
- ICN and the World Continuing Education Alliance (WCEA) are developing a platform for continuing nursing education which will be launched in 2017.
- Online submission of abstracts for the ICN 2017 Congress in Barcelona opens on 16 May 2016 and will close on 10 October 2016. Please go to www.icncongress.com for more invitation and submission.