28 May is International Day of Action for Women’s Health. ICN supports a vision in which every woman has the right to physical and mental health and well-being, has social and economic opportunities and is fully able to participate in shaping prosperous and sustainable societies. More on ICN’s position on women’s health can be found here: http://www.icn.ch/images/stories/documents/publications/position_statements/A19_Womens_Health.pdf
- Press Release: International Council of Nurses calls for investment in nursing and midwifery. Read more...
- Press Release: International Council of Nurses concerned by alarming number of attacks to healthcare New report shows effect of conflict on health. Read more...
No health workforce, no global health securityNo health workforce, no global health security: The Lancet’s editorial from 21 May highlights the importance of upcoming discussions at the World Health Assembly of the Global Strategy on Human Resources for Health: Health Workforce 2030.
- Press Release: International Council of Nurses welcomes new Strategic Directions for Nursing & Midwifery 2016-2020. Read more...
- Online submission of abstracts for the ICN 2017 Congress in Barcelona opens on 16 May 2016 and will close on 10 October 2016. Please go to www.icncongress.com for more invitation and submission.
- ICN has two new internship positions available. Click here for more information on our Health Policy and Communications and Media internships.
- Press Release: Mary Wakefield, Leslie Mancuso and Linda Aiken to headline ICN Congress in Barcelona. Read more...
ICN’s inaugural regional conference will be held in Bangkok, Thailand, 7 & 8 November 2016 with the theme, Ageing Populations: Nursing Challenges and Solutions. More information can be found by clicking here.
ICN is pleased to announce that our 2014-2015 Biennial report is now available in pdf format here.
ICN is pleased to release its Call for Abstracts and launch the website for its 2017 Congress: www.icncongress.com. Headlined with the theme Nurses at the forefront transforming care, the Congress will take place in Barcelona, Spain from 27 May-1 June2017. Online submission of abstracts opens on 16 May 2016 and will close on 10 October 2016.
- ICN Policy Briefs on the WHO Global Strategy on Human Resources for Health