- Press Release: International Council of Nurses supports banning and eliminating nuclear weapons. Read more...
- Press Release: Health systems must be strengthened in order to protect healthcare workers – psychologically and physically says International Council of Nurses. Read more...
- ICN has two new internship positions available. Click here for more information on our Health Policy and Communications and Media internships.
- Press Release: Mary Wakefield, Leslie Mancuso and Linda Aiken to headline ICN Congress in Barcelona. Read more...
- Early bird registration for the 9th ICN INP/APNN Conference ‘Advancing Nursing, Advancing Health: Emerging Possibilities’ closes 1 May 2016. The 9th ICN INP/APNN Conference will be held 9-11 September 2016 in Hong Kong. Keynote speakers include Professor Sophia Chan (Hong Kong), Professor Genn Gardner (Australia), Ms Frances Day-Stirk (UK) and Dr Ann Hamric (USA). In addition, panels of delegates from different continents will engage in discourse on the service impact, education and regulation of advanced nursing practice. Please visit www.icn-inpapn2016.org/ for more details.
24-30 April World Immunisation Week: Close the immunization gap: World Immunization Week aims to promote the use of vaccines to protect people of all ages against disease. Immunisation saves millions of lives and is widely recognised as one of the world’s most successful and cost-effective health interventions. In many parts of the world, immunisation is carried out for the most part by nurses, who are also responsible for the training and supervision of other healthcare workers. ICN supports the WHO immunisation campaign to reach children, adolescents and adults all over the world with life-saving vaccines, particularly vulnerable people living in conflict situations in the wake of emergencies.
25 April World Malaria Day: ICN contributes to the fight against malaria through our Wellness Centres, Mobile libraries and other projects. We believe thatcapacity building for a strong health workforce is fundamental to ensuring that the vision and milestones in the Post-2015 Global Technical Strategy for Malaria: Accelerating Progress Towards Elimination are achieved and we welcome the use of the malaria response to strengthen health systems including health information systems. Nurses have an essential role in integrated, people-centred community services, therefore ICN recommends active involvement of nurses and national nurses associations in policy and programme development process and its implementation.
- Press Release: Nurses are knowledge producers and key integrators of person-centred care - International Council of Nurses calls for health funding to be aligned to patient outcomes to enable person-centred care. Read more...
ICN’s inaugural regional conference will be held in Bangkok, Thailand, 7 & 8 November 2016 with the theme, Ageing Populations: Nursing Challenges and Solutions. More information can be found by clicking here.
ICN is pleased to announce that our 2014-2015 Biennial report is now available in pdf format here.
International Nurses Day Toolkit 2016 is now available here.
ICN is pleased to release its Call for Abstracts and launch the website for its 2017 Congress: www.icncongress.com. Headlined with the theme Nurses at the forefront transforming care, the Congress will take place in Barcelona, Spain from 27 May-1 June2017. Online submission of abstracts opens on 16 May 2016 and will close on 10 October 2016.
- ICN Policy Briefs on the WHO Global Strategy on Human Resources for Health
- For job postings at the World Health Organization, please click here.