Operated by nurses and leading nursing internationally, ICN works to ensure quality nursing care for all and sound health policies globally.
8 March - International Women’s Day: This year’s theme, “Equality for women is progress for all” emphasizes how gender equality, empowerment of women, women’s full enjoyment of human rights and the eradication of poverty are essential to economic and social development. It also stresses the vital role of women as agents of development. At the 59th annual UN Commission on the Status of Women on 12 March, ICN President Judith Shamian will take part in the first-ever official UN CSW side event to highlight the collaboration of global nursing and midwifery leaders and grassroots nurses, midwives and healthcare workers engaged in innovative intervention programmes worldwide.
- Press Release : Burdett Trust for Nursing sponsors participants to International Council of Nurses' conference in Korea. Read more...
Calling all nurses! Take the ICN & Pfizer survey of nurses' overall & workplace health. Click here and see your current health assessment & how to improve. Click here to go to the first of a series of blogs on nurses' workplace wellness on the Grow Your Wellness site.
- Press Release : Refugee and Women's Health Top Concerns for Winner of Nursing's International Achievement Award. Read more...
- Nurses: A Force for Change: Care Effective, Cost Effective - click here for ICN's International Nurses Day 2015 kit !
- For all ICN news and resources on Ebola, click here.
- For job postings at the World Health Organization, please click here.
- Registration to the ICN Conference 2015 is now open. To register, please go to www.icn2015.ch/en/registration