- Press Release: International Council of Nurses’ Workforce Forum 2015 calls for safe staffing levels and a better future for patients and nurses. Read more...
- Maternal and child health : ICN has joined forces with ICM (International Confederation of Midwives), FIGO (International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics) and IPA (International Pediatric Association) to raise awareness of the key interventions for maternal and child health. Click here to watch the video “Joining hands to tackle the unfinished agenda”.
The American Nurses Credentialling Centre will hold its ANCC National Magnet Conference from 7-9 October in Atlanta, Georgia. This is the official annual conference of the prestigious Magnet Recognition Program®, serving as both a celebration of accomplishment for newly designated Magnet® organizations and a showcase of best nursing practices for the Magnet community.
Two global meetings on nursing and midwifery were held in Geneva from 15-18 September 2015. The meetings supported the current work on developing a Global Strategy on Human Resources for Health: Workforce 2030 (GSHRH). The first meeting focused on the documentation of the rich history of nursing and midwifery in WHO to inform the future of nursing and midwifery in the context of the global GSHRH 2030 and within the multidisciplinary interdependent health care delivery system. The second meeting focused on discussing the draft strategic directions on nursing and midwifery development 2016-2030 a critical companion to the GSHRH 2030. Read more…
- We would like to inform you that a vacancy for a Nurse Consultant in relation to our socio-economic and workforce activity has arisen. For personal reasons the current post holder will be leaving ICN by the end of December 2015. ICN is therefore now searching for a replacement. Please see the attached notice for details and note that the application deadline closes 2 November 2015. For information on the position, please click here.
The Primary Health Care Performance Initiative (PHCPI) was officially launched on 26 September by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). The PHCPI seeks to help low- and middle-income countries build high-performing primary healthcare systems through better performance measurement and knowledge-sharing. ICN President, Judith Shamian, has contributed to the launch with a blog which presents the role of nurses in this agenda. The blog can be accessed here. More information on the PHCPI can be found here.
- The 62nd session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean will be held 5-8 October in Kuwait.
The 67th session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Americas will be held 28 September – 2 October in Washington D.C., USA.
14 September: Abstract submissions open for the World Congress of Cardiology & Cardiovascular Health 2016 to be held in Mexico City 4-7 June 2016. For more information click here.
Presentations by speakers at the ICN Conference in Seoul, with a selection of photos, are now available here.
- For job postings at the World Health Organization, please click here.